Saturday, June 30, 2007

Muli Bwangi

Let me just tell you, this is a mini post compared to what I will post when I get home. However, I want to tell you all something.

I have been in Zambia, as most of you know, woring with orphaned children due to AIDS. Sometimes double or triple orphans. It's terrible. Zambia is a dark place. We served over 650 orhpans this past week, they are serving and telling over 7,000 this summer about Jesus.

I had no idea what to expect. And, I never expected what I got.

The first day, they just start clinging to your heart. I had 13 girls, between the ages of 10-13, and the stories they told me about their homelife and what happens to them, is just horrible.

This is satan's playground. The satanism and the witchcraft and medicine men over here are ridiculous- they are everywhere.

I had girls tell me things from how they are beaten by their caregivers, for no reason. To having the most horrific nightmares, girls seeing their moms, who are dead, standing there, trying to force them to drink blood - that's witchcraft. A girl who was raped 3 times when she was 5 because her stepfather thought it would cure him of AIDS. She told her mom and her mom didn't care. She told her grandfather and the man was arrested and died in jail.

The disparity here is unreal. These girls walked into my life, I had no clue who they were, and I found myself crying for them, EVERY night, asking the Lord to give me their pain, wake me up when they have bad dreams, asking Him for His heart for them.

In America, we dont' see the witchcraft or the satanism. It's everywhere here. They power of prayer is incredible. Allan had a boy in his group who was 10 years old. He had been brought into satanism and was used as a weapon to kill other people. He had demons inside of him. He could not say the word Jesus or God without hissing or having convulsions. They prayed over him numerous times for great lengths of time and the demon was released. As they were praying the boy just started hissing "you're killing me, you're killing me" but it was the demon saying that. Not the boy.

God is at work here. We have been His hands and feet. Breaking the kids chains for them, telling them how much they ARE loved, accepted, secure, signifigant and victorious in Jesus.

I'll be posting my testimony soon after I return home. This is just a glimpse of what I've experienced. These 13 girls stole my heart, the fact that I know what they have to go home to, absolutely kills me. But all I can do is pray. They had tears in their eyes when they boarded the busses on Friday - I just could nothign but cry.

I may update again while we're here at Victoria Falls, I may not. But either way, I'll update a week from today for sure.

I love you all and miss you all so much!!

No comments: