Tuesday, June 5, 2007

oops!

So I know I promised you guys that I'd update this thing while I was in Italy. Well, that fell through. I got wrapped up in the scenery and every night when I was online for my class, all I could do was finish my assignments just before I fell asleep! However, Italy was absolutely beautiful! The flowers you see in the pictures are so true, they line the corners and the streets, everywhere! And since I love flowers, it was pretty perfect! We flew into Milan, took a tour around the city, and saw The Last Supper. We took the train to Lake Como for the day, which was beautiful! From Milan we took the Eurostar to Florence. I absolutely loved Florence! It was my favorite. Our first day in Florence, we took the train to Pisa, and pretty much all there is in Pisa is the "Field of Miracles" which includes the Duomo (church), Baptistry, and the Leaning Tower. We had quite the hike up to the hill, about 5 miles I believe. (A bit much!!) However, standing and looking at it was incredible, it was just neat to think I was actually looking at it and not a picture. We had an excellent tour guide in Florence and got lots of good Italian history! We were in Florence for 3 nights and then took the Eurostar to Rome for 4 nights. I haven't quite figured it out why yet, but Rome was my least favorite place. Don't get me wrong, it was cool to go, but eh, it's not as impressive as it looks in the pictures. It's a very large, dirty city! We did take the train to Naples and a driver picked us up and we went to the Amalfi Coast, which was beautiful! The water was so blue, almost neon...it was amazing! I couldn't dare start to explain every detail on this...because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't read the whole thing anyways!! The trip was a wonderful blessing, and I'm so glad I got to go with my mother and sister (who is 3 months prego by the way!!!, I'll be an aunt times 8!)

Anyways... I just thought I'd post on here...to let everyone know I am home safely! And back to the real world. However, it's a huge blessing to be back in this town with the people that I love and missed!

This week I'm a helper with 1st Grade for LHBC's VBS! Today was our first day and it was tons of fun! Our verse for the week is Ephesians 2:8-10. Our theme is "The Search for God's Big Plan"

In our Bible study today we talked about how that in order to be an astronaut you must have all these things, like a PhD, be a certain height/weight, have good vision, etc. that there are all these requirements. But with God there are no requirements only that you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins. For it is by grace that you have been saved!

These little kids are so precoius and teach us so much!

I leave for Africa in 15ish days! I couldn't be more excited about what the Lord is going to do and I can't wait to share it with you! For those of you who don't know, I'm going to Zambia, Africa with FLMI. We love on and tell the AIDS children in the orphangages about Jesus and who He is and how much He loves them. I cannot wait to see the Lord move this summer!

Ciao :)

No comments: