Friday, June 15, 2007

Well, here I am...6 days til I leave for Africa. Up to this point I have been not nervous at all and thinking how wonderful it's going to be. Well I think reality struck a few days ago, and I'm realizing all that's going to happen, which don't get me wrong - I could not be more excited about all that is going to happen while I'm there. However, I'm definetly going out of my comfort zone, out of all that I know as 'convienient' to serve the Lord and come back perhaps, changed for ever.

satan has started throwing his lies back at me really hard this week, just like he did when I first committed to go. so, keep me in your prayers.

Africa will be and is a huge step for me in my faith with the Lord and trusting Him in every way. I know without a doubt He is calling me, and I'm answering. Faithfully. Submitted to the authority that is above me. God and my parents (because remember, they told me I could go, WOW!!) It's going to be just as hard if not harder for my parents and my sister, well my whole family. Because, see...we're all really close and we talk every day more than once a day, and that's something that is not going to happen while I'm in Africa. Only on Sundays will I get to email them to tell them how amazing my God is and how is working and just changing the lives of these children, but also me.

While I know I'm going to share and love on these orphans and tell them about Jesus, I have no doubt that He is going to completely change my heart and everything I know and that when I come home, I'll be a different person - which praise the Lord, I can't wait for.

I'll post twice while I'm over there, so look on Monday morning for a post from Sunday!

I love you all.

Oh. So last night I went to the College Hangout at It's A Grind, and it's just another great reminder of how faithful the Lord is and how He brings fellowship. I had the best time just sitting around drinking coffee in the cool crisp air and just talking with people that I hardly know, but feel like I've known for for ever. Butch and Michelle Smith are absolutely wonderful. I just love them. Butch asked me how much time I had left in school, and I was like well.... it's either August of 08 or December of 08, it'll just depend on how things fall into place....and Michelle goes, December is good...we're not ready to see you leave yet! It's just so wonderful having a home away from home, and knowing that I have people I can call on who would be there in a heart beat. I love my LHBC church family!!

No comments: